Explore the reality of global warming and climate change. Learn about the relationship between global warming and the release of greenhouse gases and the computer models used to make climate change predictions. Discuss the need to mitigate the effects of global warming as well as how the global warming process may be slowed and eventually reversed.
Upon successful completion of this course, you will be able to:
· Overview of Global Warming and Climate Change
· Sources of Knowledge of Global Warming and Climate Change
· Discovery of Climate Change
· Introduction to IPCC AR5 WG 1
· Science of Climate Change
· Science of Climate Change cont’d
· Introduction to IPCC AR5 WG 2.
· Impact of Global Warming and Climate Change
· Introduction to IPCC AR5 WG 3.
· Response to Global Warming and Climate Change
There are five presentations which address all aspects of global warming and climate change from discovery to adaptation and mitigation. The material is kept up-to-date which is why no specific text is used.
The presentations are designed to be given in a classroom environment allowing for as much discussion time permits.
There are five assignments - one per week - due the following week. The assignments are designed to guide the participants to sources of information that will support the presentation material and introduce them to resources they might find useful in future studies.
The books cited are pretty good and cover the subjects included in the science of global warming and climate change. All can be purchased from organizations such as Amazon.
The videos are all worth watching. There are many more out there.