● Effectiveness (guaranteed performance when piloted).
● Low capital cost.
● Simplicity of operation.
● Flexibility of design.
● Compact compared to standard designs of traditional slow sand filters.
● Low operating pressure at raw water inlet.
● Operated on demand basis.
● Backwash (fluidize) entire single layer filter bed with filtered water at low flow rate and pressure.
● No air scour.
● Elimination of air-binding.
● Elimination of media compaction problems.
● Easily used in multi-barrier treatment systems.
● Minimum operating costs.
● Minimum operation training.
● Minimum operator attention.
● Minimum maintenance requirements.
● Minimum use of chemicals.
● Minimum energy requirements.
● Minimum production of wastewater.
● Fixed or mobile installations.